If you’ve been following me on instagram then you know I’m slightly obsessed with egg drop soup. After learning about the enormous healing powers of bone broth, I began incorporating it into my daily meals as much as possible.
One of the easiest and yummiest ways to consume bone broth on the regular is egg drop soup! This recipe is super versatile as you can add any vegetables and spices you’ve got on hand. Mushrooms and turmeric are both awesome anti-inflammatory additions. Here’s my basic recipe for this nutritional, protein-packed powerhouse.
2 c bone broth
2 pasture-raised eggs
greens (nettles, spinach, seaweed)
unrefined sea salt + black pepper
1. Finely slice the green onions and mince the garlic cloves. Add as much as you’d like to taste.
2. Pour the bone broth, green onions, garlic, and spices into a small pot over medium heat.
3. Whisk the eggs in a pyrex dish until they’re completely blended.
4. Once the broth is simmering add in the greens.
5. As the broth simmers, stir the liquid gently until it is spinning around the pot in a little whirlpool.
6. Pour the whisked eggs into the whirlpool and turn off the heat. This will create the long egg ribbons everyone loves!
As always we want to prioritize ingredients that are: local, pasture-raised, unrefined, fair trade, organic, and responsibly sourced whenever possible. I don’t list these next to my ingredients because I think it can be overwhelming when reading a recipe, but know that I prioritize all of these things whenever possible. They are both important and worth the extra cost.
“We need to stop calling local food expensive and start calling it valuable.” -@womenwhofarm